Who can shop at the Jamil Niner Student Pantry?
- Any currently registered UNC Charlotte undergraduate or graduate student can shop at the pantry.
What information must I provide to shop at the Jamil Niner Student Pantry?
- You must complete the online form which asks for your student ID # and the number of dependents (minors) in your household. We do not ask invasive financial questions.
Do I need a referral to shop at the Jamil Niner Student Pantry?
- No. Our pantry uses a 'self-selection' model which means you determine whether you need to use the food pantry. Simply fill out the online appointment form. As long as you are enrolled at UNC Charlotte, you qualify.
How much does it cost to shop at the Jamil Niner Student Pantry?
- Shopping at the pantry is completely free.
Can I come to the Jamil Niner Student Pantry without an appointment?
- To shop inside the pantry and make your own food selections you must make an online appointment. However, walk-ups will receive a pre-packed grocery bag.
Where is the Jamil Niner Student Pantry located?
- 1224 John Kirk Drive
What kinds of items can I receive at the Jamil Niner Student Pantry?
- The pantry provides a variety of canned and non-perishable food items, personal hygiene products, period products, bread, fresh produce, eggs, and frozen vegetables. Fresh items such as bread, produce, and eggs are available in limited quantities on a first-come-first-served basis.